Well, I'll be out of the scene for a couple of days so I thought I'd just share some of my justmewriting collection. I hope you enjoy them.
'can you even spell it?'
what chu talkin bout, talkin bout you love me
what chu talkin bout, talkin bout you miss me
talkin bout you need me
talkin bout how sweet I taste...how pretty my face
talkin bout you close ya eyes and see me
what chu talkin bout
all that talkin you bout
always walkin out talkin bout you leavin me
what chu talkin bout...talkin out the side a ya mouth
talkin bout what chu know bout me...what chu like bout me
always talkin bout me
what chu talkin bout
talkin bout all ya friends know me
but you'nt ever show me
talkin bout you want to keep me seperate
talkin bout if you could you'd give me the moon
talkin bout marring me soon
what chu talkin bout.
talkin bout why you didn't call
talkin bout why we fell off
talkin bout how you wish you could take the bad back
what chu talkin bout...are you a liar or just confused
lay down the facts and talk bout that...
ohh but to some other chic...cause I'm sick a ya S%$@
I Am Poetry
My lips kiss me with words God gave to my mind
imprisoned in its expression
I speak it and it in me as we exchange our reality.
The rhythmic bat of my eyes are tuned tight as a guitar string
soothing with every blink
My hands touch softly giving off shocks of passion from my finger tips
My limber legs can climb over walls and wrap around a waist
as supportive as a belt with there dramatic embrace
My feet tread through water running down the nile
they flap through the breeze as they swing to the trees
My body is a motion, a movement, a wave
it beckons to poerty who responds with a save...
a rescue, a recovery
from the rest of the world
In the personal parts of me...I am poetry.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Well, I'll be out of the scene for a couple of days so I thought I'd just share some of my justmewriting collection. I hope you enjoy them.
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:24 AM
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Ok...it appears that I've been tagged by a follow blogger/friend to answer the following questions; thus revealing YET more about myself (now it gets personal)...so here goes.
1) What main lesson have you learned in the month of Feb? Trust is within you (me) having nothing to do with the individual deserving it.
2) What bad habit do you want to rid yourself of this month? Not following things through to the end.
3) What are your favorite muses? Anything 70's, Black Panther Movement (these help me to be bigger and blacker), Jazz and the Bible (these cause me to look and love deeper).
4) Name one thing uniquely different you recently discovered about yourself? I have the ability to go insane...LOL. (different, only because I admit it).
5) What is your definition of passion vs. intimacy? Passion: I take personally and it only seems to come out of me once something/someone has gotten into me. (no pun intended). Intimacy: the 3rd date where I want things quiet so I can hear all the things he said to me the 1st date, but now they matter.
6) What are you vibing too? I'm listening to Marvin Sapp (Diary of a Psalmist) EXCELLENT CD.
7) What are your favorite gadgets? DVD player, Cell phone, digital camera, camcorder
8) What would be a perfect date with the person you're thinking of right now? HUM...well I see us somewhere surrounded by people, but engrossed in each other,maybe a museum or walking through a mall (he bout to buy me something...LOL). my arm is wrapped in his and I smile when I look at him (because I can't help it) then I laugh at one of his stupid (not really funny) jokes.
9) Last book read? W.E.B. Dubois, "The Souls of Black Folks"
10) What would you rename it based on your perception of the story line? WAKE-UPPPPP!!
11) How many times do you look at your blog or the blogs of others? TOO OFTEN...lol
12) Who's your favorite blogger or spot you lurk around most often? I'll NEVER tell.
13) If you were the opposite sex for the day,what would your name be? Cory or Eric (sexy) lol
14) Describe yourself in 3 adjectives? Playful, Philosophical, Phenomenal
15) One goal you set for yourself for the month of March. Order (in every aspect of my life)
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS... now you know ALL my lil bizness...I hope you're happy.
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:08 AM
Monday, March 26, 2007
March 26, 2007
-Philadelphia's 94th murder of the year happened over the weekend...(the details are unimportant).
Today's post is going to reveal another side of me (the greatest parts in my opinion).
The state of the UNION needs to be addressed (the union or DISunion of black folks). My love for Christ and my black race leads me to suggest the following references (possible solutions to our deadly occurrences):
don't be alarmed by the title, but please do check out the link. I found it while looking for this book "Why Our Children Hate Us"/How Black Adults have Betrayed Black Children (excerpts from the book are on this site).
I'm not going to go too far into this aspect of the recomended reference, but also look at the theory and ideology of Dr. Bobby Wright and Mentacide ("the planned and systematic destruction of a group's mentality aimed at the destruction of the group"). Without question, my mind in embedded in this theory and I think a close examination of it and the above site would give direction for reform for those willing.
Another great power equiped with weapons of destruction (against this madness) is:
(I just made that up...lol.) No seriously...I did...HAHAH!
One of my favorite (overused by me...lol) quotes is that of Sojourner Truth's "Aint I A Woman" speech: "If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back and get it right-side up again." We've GOT to get it together ladies our family's are at stake!!!!
Bringing me to the final suggested reference (I've saved the best for last)
There are SOOOO many places to go within my favorit book, but I'm going to give the scripture I read this morning: "Therefor say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of host: "Return to Me, " says the LORD of host, "and I will return to you, " says the LORD of hosts." (Zecharia1:3)
This needs no elaboration from me...God has said it all. "RETURN TO ME" and I WILL RETURN TO YOU"...so simple, for those who believe the Bible we KNOW God's word never returns void...and He'll do just what He says. We've gone so far off the path, but God gently reminds us... that it's NOT too late... Draw near to Him and He will draw near to us. Prayer changes things...but we've forgotten how to or that we NEED to. Change is just a prayer away.
These are my basics...what do you think?
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:40 AM
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Ok...since men had their say (via Yahoo) I think it's only fair I now tell what Women Want...(ok..what I want) but I'm sure my thoughts and feelings are shared by other (smart) women...LOL. just kidding ladies. But, i'm going to keep this REAL simple.
1) THE TRUTH... yes...seriously, I know it's said ALLLLLL the time...but goodness...just tell the truth...be a MAN about it... be TACTFUL and intelligent with it but tell me the truth...and NOT what you THINK I want to hear. I want...no NEED to be able to trust your words...I want to rely on them (if I needed/wanted to)
2) THE TRUTH... (oh...I said that already...well it's SO important...that it takes the first and second spot)
3) THE TRUTH... ( just kidding...lol)
3) Time and Patience...and I'm not talking about for/with me...but moreso for yourself. I've encountered TOO many men who just want to jump right into love and all its seriousness. Yes, things are good with us...yes we get along nicely...yes there are some sparks...but NO...we've not been here long enough...man, it really takes time to know a person enought to KNOW if you even WANT to love them. I need for men to take more time to get to know...that they know because once I've gone there I don't want to turn back and shouldn't have to (especially since they've CLAIMED to have already been THERE!!) Time and Patience brings more clarity (in my opinion).
4) The big C (COMMUNICATION) not to be confused with TRUTH...just because you told the TRUTH about something I've asked doesn't mean you've communicated freely. Basically, if you've got something on your mind... SAY IT (tactfully). If you're feeling somekinda way about something I've said or done... SAY IT;(what affects you might not me) so let me know...CLEARLY and RIGHT AWAY; don't let it fester and bring tension into things. We should be able to understand each other. In love we shouldn't be easily offended by our partner. There really shouldn't be anything that would hold your tongue between us...remember I'm loving you...all of you as you are...so don't be afraid to talk to me. (not YOU but that's what I'd say to my boo...LOL).
5) All the little c's:
compromise -allow your understanding to help bring about a solution.
consideration-THINK about ME and MY (especially before you speak)
consciousness- WAKE UP BABY... there's a lot going on around you...be aware...pay attention!!! ccharisma- I love personality;CHARM ME... I think I can handle it.
character- Ohh those moral fibers of a man! Please be about SOMETHING!!!
cheerfulness- self explanatory... if my dude is up, it helps keep me up. THANK YOU!!
credit- $tability ( means of supporting US) since my credit SUCKS, it'd be nice if yours didn't
color... YES color I want him to be vibrant...bright...radiant...black (lol) I want him to look good with everything...I want the sun to smile when he comes out...I want to find him delicious... that's that color I'm talking about.
There're lots of in between's ..but those are the basics...what do you guys and gals think?
Posted by JustMeWriting at 9:21 AM
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I saw this artical on Yahoo this morning and just wanted to share the MEAT... lol. Seems like they might be on point, but of course I'd like some feed from you guys and gals...here are the basics:
When a man falls for a woman he falls HARD. (yeah, we know that already...lol). Men LOVE to be in love (Ohhhh really now...could have fooled me). A man's stomach churns like a slushy machine when he's in those initial stages of the perfect relationship (awwwwww...itsn't that cute...BUT IT'S WRONG...LOL. just kidding).
What makes a man fall in love? The obvious laws of chemistry, attraction and being in the right place at the right time kicks off the relationship. NOW... what makes him STAY in love??? 60% of men deem friendship the most important...while SEX comes in at 8% (WHAT!!!....I've been giving it away for NOTHING...LOL. just kidding).
What kind of woman does a man REALLY want? (drumroll please)
a) A Woman with a Passion in Something Other Than Him.
Why? The passion she shows for something else confirms her inherent goodness, her personal drive, her independence. All pluses in the woman men are hoping to spend a few decades with.
b) A Woman with No Problem with Guy Time.
Even when with the most perfect woman, men still crave the occasional space to spend time doing whatever with buddies. Men love, appreciate, and are thankful for women who respect and endorse (AND NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT) his need to have guy time (aka "away from you" time) .
c) A Woman with a Strut. (hummmmm...very interesting)
Strut??? It's the attitude, that sassiness, that confidence, that charisma, that charm that shows she can be a little bold and a little daring. There's a line between woman being confident and a woman being so aggressive that it turns men away, but in certain aspects men want women who have the strut. Men want to be with a woman who challenges them...push them...take the lead sometimes, as true in the bedroom as in planning their weekend getaway. (OOOOHHHHHLALA!)
STRUT WARNING!!!!!!! : Do NOT use your strut in OTHER PLACES...ie, to flirt with other guys; to become a relationship dictator, or to pick a fight with his mom in front of the whole family (wow...lol...that's some bad struting). He'll point that strut right out the door.
d) A Woman with good taste in ties. (WHAT?)
Okay not ties per se, but what's cared about is a woman's ability to give a LITTLE, GENTLE guidance. Freudian followers will say that it's a man's need to be mothered, but guys will definately take women who can warn them when they look stupid and help them make decisions without being harsh and judgmental. Woman who can help steer them without aggressively grabbing the wheel, are the most treasured copilots.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT... and with all that said...WHY AM I NOT MARRIED YET????? LOL. Well what do you guys think....is this true??? Ladies...what do you think... what part(s) of these might be the hardest to maintain???
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:17 AM
Monday, March 19, 2007
There seems to be a great divide amongst men and women as it pertains to love, marriage and the lines in between. Men seem to be skewed toward the confines of their mind...while women take things more to heart.
I've encountered numerous men who've gotten married to a woman they may have loved, without being truely IN LOVE with. Some saying, "we've got a child together so I want to make things work." OR they're saying, "She's a good woman...she takes care of home and I don't have to worry about her running the streets." OR they're saying, "She loves me...she really wants to marry me so why not."
On the other hand most women will turn away from a 'good man' because..."I'm just not feeling him" AND "I can't marry a man I'm not in love with." They may either spend long periods of time alone until Mr. Right peeks around the corner, or they'll be with and marry Mr. TOTALLY WRONGGGGGG, but because..."I LOVE HIM SO MUCH"
Of course there are exceptions in both sexes and we should all do what's right for us, but what happens when you've made that decision based on your Mind and now your Heart starts thinking for its self? How do you control that? Can you control it...and should you? Maybe there was someone holding that heart, but someone else controling that mind...who's going to win.
Kinda like the whole 'brain dead vs. actual physical (spiritual) death" is it possible to overthink love?
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:54 AM
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
...Yeah, I know it might not sound good to you but somebody out there LOVESSSSSS it.
Growing up in different places exposes us to different things....food is no exception. Not just strange foods, but strange combinations...like pigs ears and chocolate pudding...UMM UMM GOOD (just kidding...ILLLLKKK), but you get the general idea.
I had a conversation with a friend from Chicago who raved about Catfish and Spaghetti. Now I LOVE Catfish...and I LOVE Spaghetti...but I don't know if I'd LOVE them together (but I'm game to try it). Anyway, this dish was said to be the norm in the windy city so I wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it and since I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to talk about today...THIS IS IT... (lol).
Billy Holiday has a song called "Strange Fruit"... and since I love Billy Holiday...today's topic is Strange Food... (arn't I clever).
What strange foods or combinations have you sunk your teeth into or would like to....or even heard of.
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:04 AM
Friday, March 9, 2007
A dear friend was oh so gratious to point out ONE (LOL) typo in yesterday's post...she so kind...hahah! Anyway, she as most everyone else close to me knows...I've got this thing about revealing my flaws. SOOOOO... in light of that.
I hearby declare today FLAWLESS day; the day where you can reveal your flaws and they be deemed FLAWLESS...HOORAYYYY!
Finally I'll share a (secret) poem I wrote about how I feel (felt) about my imperfections. Enjoy..and while you're enjoying think about your secret flaws and share them with us..
Better Than Me
"I'm the best in the business," is what my dad used to say
and a phrase that's beginning to define my psyche.
Caught in the who I think I am as reality tear at my flesh
revealing my imperfections .
Knowing if they knew the flaws that lie beneath
it would bring thoughts to their minds that they're better than me.
Talk how I talk, better than me!
Do how I do, better than me!
Teach how I teach, better than me!
Love how I love, better than me!
Making me wish it were I who was better than me.
p.s. If there are ANY errors or typo within this text... SO WHAT...(lol)
Posted by JustMeWriting at 6:28 AM
Thursday, March 8, 2007
As old age begins to take it's hold on me, I find myself more irritable and ooohhhh so easily agitated by EVERYTHING. (especially men). I've just come accross too many 'can't get rights.'
It's easy to avoid a person you have no initial interest in, but what about those who seem to slip through the cracks of your time. You've met them....conversed with them....dated them... to find you can't stand them and they've done NOTHING wrong: not your cup-a-tea...or perhaps you've become more partial to coffee. At any rate, this person has come to adore you and rightfully so...lol (in most cases).
Integrity has long since been your middle name and freedom is your choice...for you and the poor soul who's become lost in you. I know my brutally honest way of simply telling them "we're just not compatible" has not proven favorable amongst most men, but I've not learned to handle things differently.
The question is not "should I go or should I stay, " but more so...How Do You Spell Relief (from the grief). I'd like to know what some of you guys have done or said to get rid of someone you no longer wanted to be bothered with.
Posted by JustMeWriting at 11:15 AM
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Retribution to the rich that think me less because I have no money for bread; hear this poor man speak. The powers that be just have more money then me.
Society has long since deemed the wealthy more acceptable (them being the standard setters) but what happens to that poor genius who's intelect has gone unnoticed; left fighting to fit by any means necessary becoming a stain on society's drapes.
Hard to educate, relocate, procreate...even fornacate when ya doe is low. Crime is up....blood pressure is up as prices go up...seems the only thing down is your head....a poor man struggling for bread. As the rich get richer they allow you to get a lil more poor.
This poor man says in 2007 money matters....does it really?
The other me thinks there may be a way around this...now the question becomes how to get your bread without paying for it...lol...and I'm not talking about stealing it.
Posted by JustMeWriting at 8:53 AM